Author Topic: Today I was mostly cheered up by :-  (Read 242323 times)

Offline Oblomov

• Hand crafted, by a professional.
  • Administrator
  • Regular User
  • Vape Fiend
    • Jungle Lion - Sheffield's Ska Sensation
Re: Today I was mostly cheered up by :-
« Reply #3165 on: April 20, 2016, 09:12:44 PM »
Hey Disco, nice to see you!
 :)
I'm very well thank you - and your bad self?

Offline discodown

• Regular User
  • trying to be funny and interesting. failing
« Reply #3166 on: April 24, 2016, 08:11:45 PM »
Toddling along. Got married, got a new daughter, developed epilepsy, doing a degree with the OU, all the usual stuff people get up to
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”

Voltaire

Offline Tony

• Regular User
  • a moral acerbic contrarian
« Reply #3167 on: April 26, 2016, 08:02:24 AM »
Nice! :)
My text appears as the forum software formats it. Please direct any complaints to the Management.

innit

Offline Oblomov

• Administrator
  • Regular User
  • Vape Fiend
« Reply #3168 on: April 26, 2016, 10:23:26 PM »
Sorry to hear about the epilepsy, you could probably do without that, but the rest of it sounds pretty  :afro:

Congratulations on the new daughter too.

Offline Oblomov

• Administrator
  • Regular User
  • Vape Fiend
« Reply #3169 on: April 26, 2016, 10:23:47 PM »
Nice! :)
Hi Tony!

It's a reunion now...

Offline Alastair

• Regular User
« Reply #3170 on: April 26, 2016, 10:29:27 PM »
Hi Tony!

It's a reunion now...

Doubles all round  :)

Offline Tony

• Regular User
« Reply #3171 on: April 27, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »
Let's not get too carried away, this is Sheffield. ;)
My text appears as the forum software formats it. Please direct any complaints to the Management.

innit

Offline discodown

• Regular User
« Reply #3172 on: April 27, 2016, 08:07:03 PM »
I've got the epilepsy under control now. The daughter however...
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”

Voltaire

Offline splodge

• Regular User
  • The only good system is a sound system
« Reply #3173 on: May 05, 2016, 01:02:23 PM »
Good luck with that DD! :)

Cheered up by this awesome idea. It's hard to think nobody thought of this before:

http://www.braillebricks.com.br/en/
Ad astra tabernamque

Offline muddycoffee

• Regular User
  • where's ken?
    • The Wookie
« Reply #3174 on: May 08, 2016, 01:08:05 PM »
Hi DD,
I've been at UNI recently and a couple of the other students that had Epilepsy had some trouble with 4 and a half hour exams and changed their course to a different one which had modules with less exams and assignments instead.

It seems that some people with even extremely well controlled epilepsy "go off" if they are made to sit in an exam room for many hours.
Anyhow I hope you do well and best of luck.

Offline Tony

• Regular User
« Reply #3175 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:58 AM »
Obviously when I said "nice" I didn't mean that epilepsy is nice, unless you're one of those people who likes to be the centre of attention, in which case, it's probably a bit of a mixed blessing so long as you crowded discotheques where they are holding a break dancing competition.

/partridge

innit

Offline discodown

• Regular User
« Reply #3176 on: May 14, 2016, 02:02:51 PM »
Hi DD,
I've been at UNI recently and a couple of the other students that had Epilepsy had some trouble with 4 and a half hour exams and changed their course to a different one which had modules with less exams and assignments instead.

It seems that some people with even extremely well controlled epilepsy "go off" if they are made to sit in an exam room for many hours.
Anyhow I hope you do well and best of luck.
I'm actually studying with the OU so no exams rooms for me. I appreciate the sentiment, the studying is not easy, its difficult to force your brain to learn after years of work. Work is a different animal where although theres training and learning to be done its much easier, slower, less specific and more interactive

My epilepsy is now under control, luckily the first medication I was prescribed worked very well and after increasing the dosage enough means i've not had a seizure for over two years

Obviously when I said "nice" I didn't mean that epilepsy is nice, unless you're one of those people who likes to be the centre of attention, in which case, it's probably a bit of a mixed blessing so long as you crowded discotheques where they are holding a break dancing competition.
I don't have photosensitive epilepsy so I can do what I like in discos, which is nice because I enjoy clubbing very much. I actually have a slow bleed on the brain which disrupts the 'electrical' flow around the brain and causes seizures.

Its pretty unusual to develop epilepsy in your 30's when its not as the result of trauma or related to something else so it was quite a worry for a while

Voltaire

Offline Alastair

• Regular User
« Reply #3177 on: May 14, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »
I was pleased by an unofficial album's worth of new Fall material, all recent stuff, but far better recordings than the official releases.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y8l4434mfz7pb2l/TFOT.zip

There's some bull**** backstory about them being found on a usb stick in Paris...

Offline Oblomov

• Administrator
  • Regular User
  • Vape Fiend
« Reply #3178 on: May 15, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »
That's a novel way of doing it.

I was mostly cheered up by getting tickets for Robyn Hitchcock, at The Greystones in October.

Offline Oblomov

• Administrator
  • Regular User
  • Vape Fiend
« Reply #3179 on: May 15, 2016, 12:26:38 AM »
I'm actually studying with the OU so no exams rooms for me. I appreciate the sentiment, the studying is not easy, its difficult to force your brain to learn after years of work. Work is a different animal where although theres training and learning to be done its much easier, slower, less specific and more interactive

My epilepsy is now under control, luckily the first medication I was prescribed worked very well and after increasing the dosage enough means i've not had a seizure for over two years
I don't have photosensitive epilepsy so I can do what I like in discos, which is nice because I enjoy clubbing very much. I actually have a slow bleed on the brain which disrupts the 'electrical' flow around the brain and causes seizures.

Its pretty unusual to develop epilepsy in your 30's when its not as the result of trauma or related to something else so it was quite a worry for a while

That's great news DD.

Have you considered solving the daughter management with medication too? I hear chocolate is very effective.