Author Topic: Today I was mostly cheered up by :-  (Read 314039 times)

Offline Oblomov

• Hand crafted, by a professional.
  • Administrator
  • Regular User
  • Vape Fiend
    • Jungle Lion - Sheffield's Ska Sensation
Re: Today I was mostly cheered up by :-
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
I don't get the connection. And isn't lactose intolerance much more common in Asia where Yoga came from?
It's what we call a play on words, in this instance the similarity between "Yoga" and "Yoghurt" - specifically the idea that "Yoga" is a plausible brand of Yoghurt product.

;)

Offline Alastair

• Regular User
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »
It's what we call a play on words, in this instance the similarity between "Yoga" and "Yoghurt" - specifically the idea that "Yoga" is a plausible brand of Yoghurt product.

;)

Don't you just hate it when you have to explain jokes? There was I thinking of medical explanations to do with the build up of lactate in muscles when stressed as happens in rock climbing. Doh.

Offline Alastair

• Regular User
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »
Back to the topic.

Today I was mostly pleased by getting rid of "The Induction Coil of Destiny". Some of you may remember this from SZ where I posted a picture of it under the topic 'Strange what you can find in Barnsley' or something like that.

Here it is again:

After I had bought this thing and got it home I realised just how big it was. In the large mansion type farmhouse where I had picked it up from it didn't look so big, but once I got it home I realised just how huge it looked in a normal sized room. I could hardly lift it either as it weighs around 60 kg with the hundreds of miles of copper wire it contains.

I had planned to sell it on eBay, but then I realised it was impossible to post and I was stuck with it apart from selling it for local pickup only. Uh-oh, expensive mistake purchase.

Then I noticed a similar thing on eBay and asked the seller about it, mentioning I had one and he said he would buy mine! So today he drove down from Thirsk and picked it up and I even made £50 on the deal... result.

And I had a nice toy to investigate and play with for a few months too :thumbsup:

Offline nick3

• Regular User
  • Strange but not a stranger
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »
I made myself scallops (the chippy kind in batter) and battered mushrooms last night for tea. Then scooped up the scraps. So bad. Yet So GOOD  :icon_mrgreen:

I think when Kate Moss said "nothing tastes as good as being thin" it's obvious she hasn't tried scraps with lots of S&V on them.

Offline K-Blade

• Regular User
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 06:46:36 PM »
I think when Kate Moss said "nothing tastes as good as being thin" it's obvious she hasn't tried scraps with lots of S&V on them.

Haha indeed.

But shush, I could just eat some all over again. I'm trying to be healthier today...

..... now where are those pork scratchings...
Don't worry, be happy

Offline nick3

• Regular User
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »
What with all the resent changes in the laws of "what is good for you" I'm expecting bits of fried batter to become one of your 5 day any time soon.

In fact if we are allowed to have 500 calories a day more now a bag of scraps is an easy way to achieve the government targets.

"The chief medical officer recommends drinking a bit too much and eating scraps" would be my ultimate headline.

Offline Suffragette

• Regular User
  • You know my Suffragette City
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »
My kids, their confidence, their energy and the fantastic homework that they've done (with no help from their parents).

And discovering Firefox!!!!!
Flouting the Forum Disco Rules, I love Google

Offline K-Blade

• Regular User
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 09:01:59 PM »
If you think just discovering Firefox is good then wait until you see all the goodies you can play with  :)
Don't worry, be happy

Offline K-Blade

• Regular User
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 09:02:47 PM »
What with all the resent changes in the laws of "what is good for you" I'm expecting bits of fried batter to become one of your 5 day any time soon.

In fact if we are allowed to have 500 calories a day more now a bag of scraps is an easy way to achieve the government targets.

"The chief medical officer recommends drinking a bit too much and eating scraps" would be my ultimate headline.

Oh yes, mine too I think  :icon_mrgreen:
Don't worry, be happy

Offline Suffragette

• Regular User
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »
If you think just discovering Firefox is good then wait until you see all the goodies you can play with  :)

Such as?  I need some initiation as am a novice.

Offline K-Blade

• Regular User
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 09:07:43 PM »
Such as?  I need some initiation as am a novice.

Have a look here to get you started. You can change how it looks, get alerts, alsorts

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/customize/
Don't worry, be happy

Offline nick3

• Regular User
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 09:09:50 PM »
Have a look here to get you started. You can change how it looks, get alerts, alsorts

I've been using it for ages I didn't know about all that stuff.

Offline K-Blade

• Regular User
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
I've been using it for ages I didn't know about all that stuff.

I knew about themes and that you can customise it but that was my limit. However I've just been sat twiddling around with it and all the menus up top and I've learnt loads more just by playing about now. Set all the settings up to suit and wotnot.
Don't worry, be happy

Offline Greedykitten

• Regular User
  • Now available in Pollyester
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »
After having to miss my night out last night I got a message saying I'd been missed which I found touching.
Comedy, love, and a bit with a dog. That's what they want.

This isn't Hansard, it's just passing time and hanging out. Why do people have to be so overwrought about it?

Offline Suffragette

• Regular User
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »

Oooh, now I have TS on my toolbar. :thumbsup:  Thanks for the tip.